Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rebonding was HELL

Rebonding your hair in North Thailand, where I must admit that the "technology" is a little backwards, was an incredibly superior experience. (But probably only for me)

After applying the chemicals on the hair, there came the steaming process. But that steamer that they used was so old fashioned, that I felt my head literally being boiled. I am 100% positive that more than a few neurons were sacrificed in the process.

Here comes the crux of that experience. I planned to chant during that few hours of being seated in that hair salon. I was doing "ok" until the steaming started...The external environment affected me so much that there was NO way i could concentrate. I could only wipe the water dripping down my forehead, and sink deeper into the seat as the mins tick by.

I remembered thinking that I was being boiled in hell. And than I was truly awakened (it was brought home in a forceful manner really) to the challenges and obstacles that it would take/face to liberate hell beings.

May all beings in the ten directions be free from suffering

No comments:

Post a Comment