Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wisdom without Feet

Back from my Chiang Rai holiday....we spent the new year in my friend's village, but it was a slow and peaceful occassion for us. No countdown, no drinks, no major celebrations. Just as per any other day. Which should always be the case.

Loads of lessons learnt from this simple trip.

But the most important one should be "Wisdom without feet"

As a result of this trip, my spiritual practice had been lax. The fault is mine, together with the lack of discipline. At one of those second hand bookstores in Chiang Mai, a Pureland book called out to me. And upon flipping, it opened at the page that told me, Wisdom [Faith and Vows] needs its feet [Practice].

How ashamed I was at that moment. But I was also thankful for the reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment