Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I cant bear to watch Korean F4

The lastest big thing is the Korean F4 show that is airing on Channel U on Sats.

I was getting all ready to settle down and watch the show last Sat, when my brother injected a comment.
That the female lead, was the Korean actress that committed suicide due to pressure from the mafia.

Upon hearing that, my heart sank. I recalled reading the media articles on that, not that I paid a lot of attention. I deliberately ignored those articles, as I couldnt take the pain and sadness should I read more.

What in life could be so hard, that you would want to end your life? I totally can understand the despair, the bottom of the dumps feeling. And I felt pain for her. And regret that her life should end thus.

The irony is, I doubt the teenage girls watching the show would either realise the fact, or even be bothered by it. Their focus would be on the pretty boys and the beautiful scenery....

And thus, there goes one life. But fair enough, there are plenty more dying as I write, and they might not even be noted or remarked upon. As I grow older, the Obituary pages are something that I do read. To remind myself of the suffering in this world, and to pray that they have moved on to a happier plane.

I am still tempted to watch the show, but I feel nauseous just thinking of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment