Friday, May 1, 2009

Why do I never do my best

This sure sounds like shooting myself in the foot. And maybe people who have worked with me might think/say otherwise. But there are definitely times where I felt that I have yet to give of my all. Or maybe I have too high expectations of myself.


But I was meditating the other day, or maybe daydreaming, when the "answer" came to me.

When you dont think something is important (or that impt), than most likely you wont put too much effort into it.

So maybe I can assume that I dont think I gave my best, simply because I dont think that work/activity, etc is that important to me, in the bigger scheme of things.

It might sound irresponsible to most, but I am very "satisfied" with my line of thought.
To me, it translate to the lack of attachment. The lack of attachment to outcomes, to events, to results, to my self worth, etc.

The lack of attachment is not something that will come as easily as anything else in life which you need to work hard for! Amituofo


No comments:

Post a Comment