Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another test of fire

Well there are two actually.

The first being the trip to India for HHDL's teaching.
Certain events have happened such that I am concerned I won't be able to go. But I will stay positive and seek divine guidance, create more merits and the cause to be there.

While I seek wisdom, now is not the best time for that long awaited tooth to pop out. My gums are slightly swollen and eating a little difficult. But I will persist. Short of death or anything that major, nothing will keep me from HHDL's door. But I do have to watch out for over attachment to the trip.

The second is the more important and major test. There had been hospitalization in e family, and everyone is fearful of the test results.

Personally I have a lot of views on this, but let me erase all that and focus on " this is suffering". To view it and accept it as suffering, to release attachment to our loved ones, to understand e nature of death and of impermanence.

Honestly there is a lot of lessons to be learnt from death. And as a spiritual friend pointed out to me, now is the best time to test my Dharma knowledge and understanding, to see what I can put into action, to apply my understanding of Buddhism philosophy.

Am I ready? There is not much I can do except rise up to e occassion, and pray for divine intervention

No comments:

Post a Comment