Thursday, January 13, 2011

Conditions, faith and determination - CTS 6

More learnings from my cold.

Even when I was burning from fever, or shivering from the chills, unable to drag myself out of bed, nodding off during meditation, it never came across my mind to give up. I wanted more rest, knew that my body needed it, but the few thoughts going through my mind were: let me get through this, I can/want to hang in there, I am failing to chant coz I am distracted by my physical discomforts....

Many a times my energy level was so low that it does seem surprising that I still managed to keep going. Of course, the seated chanting and meditation time helped.

Of course I must admit that I had thoughts of giving up. To just crash and sleep away, but at the end of it, I was still in the hall.

It was only after I had recovered from the major symptoms, that I realised....
I could have gotten an MC!!!!!
They have 病假 badges. So it appears that if you were seriously sick, you could go and get an "MC" and rest in the room.

The silly me was going....oh man, I could have gotten an MC when I was that ill, now it is too late.
And after that, I was very very tempted to request for MC....sigh.

But of course I do not regret not getting an MC.
It was a good chance for me to develop my faith (in Amituofo), and my determination to hang in there even when I was suffering.

When you put ur mind to practicing, certain conditions will arise. Maybe some good, some bad. But I firmly believe that with faith and determination, we can overcome the bad and rise with the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment