Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reliance on Amituofo - CTS 4

A continuation to the lousy start

When I was sick, I was praying to Amituofo, to help me recover, to let me hang in there, to keep me going, even if I had to force myself to wake up every morning at 3.30am.

There was once, I went though the whole prostration activity (it was 30 mins), in shutdown/sleep walking moment. Dont ask me how I did it, but i did. When the 30mins was up, I seemed to open my eyes and realised that I went through the motions of prostrating for the last 30 mins, without being aware of it. I was very very surprised that I didn't faint there and than.

In fact, talking about fainting, I came close a few times, but often I ask either Amituofo or Guan Yin for their support and strength to let me hang in there, to just last for a few more mins, or even seconds. (Tho I was also mostly counting down to the end of the session).

And I was always blessed by their strength. In fact, I firmly believed that I "survived" my cold because of their blessings and support. It was definitely a very bad cold, one that would typically take about weeks to fully recover from, but I was mostly ok after 5-6 days.

Every day, I would seek Amituofo's assistance to get through that day, and somehow, deep inside me, I know that I would recover, and that the next day would come with me having gotten rid of some slight irritation. It might be a mixture of blessings plus strong will, but I asked to recover from my sore throat by the next day, and it happen. I sort of set timelines for my recovery, and they were more or less met.

If that is not divine "intervention", I wont know what is.

Seeking blessings/support from Amituofo is one thing, believing in him/that it would happen is another.
Often, we ask, but we do not have faith. OR that we doubt. And that wont do. We must have the faith or the "wisdom" to know, and believe that our prayers will be answered. And if not, either the conditions are not right, or that we were meant to learn something from it.

Relying on Amituofo is actually not an easy task. It takes a lot of faith to really put your life in his hands. But we must have the wisdom to know the balance between self reliance and over reliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment