Thursday, March 19, 2009

Do you need to run with the society?

I don't really like places like Hong Kong and Singapore's CBD. Whenever I am there, the fast paced footsteps of others affects me negatively. It either forces me to keep up, or it makes me feel so restricted and crowded in, as if it affects my own heartbeat.

Have you tried walking meditation before? If you have, you would know that the speed of walking during the walking meditation is many many times slower compared to that in Hong Kong, or any part of Singapore. A Venerable shared that slow is not normal in Hong Kong. Is it normal in Singapore?

Does it matter? Speed is relative, and how fast/slow I wish to walk, is my choice. So why should you increase your footsteps in order to match up to the others?

Society might want to run, but I wish to slow down and appreciate and treasure the moments and nature that is passing us by...

No comments:

Post a Comment