Thursday, March 19, 2009

Transform your heart/home into a practice centre

Finding Happiness Part 1

I attended a talk given by the Plum Village delegation that came to Singapore. The talk was titled Finding happiness & Peace in recessionary times.

An audience member asked whether there are plans to set up a practice centre in Singapore. And I love the reply that was given. To transform our home and hearts into a practice centre.

Practice should be a daily affair. While true that support and encouragement from a community would facilitate practice, it shouldn't translate into practicing only when we are with the community or at the practice centre.

The art of living mindfully should be "drilled" into us, such that we live each and every moment with mindfulness, no matter where we are, and what we are doing.

I have a practice centre in my mind, and I hope you have one too

No comments:

Post a Comment