Thursday, March 19, 2009

What should I do with my arrogance?

I have given too much attention to the ego side of me. Too much pride and arrogance. Would that lead to my downfall?

The answer (if I am right), is to meditate on non-self. To realise the concept of non-self, of emptiness, of the Buddha-nature in every being.

To make it simple, if my reasoning is sound...
Based on metaphysics, energy is the "fundamental" of all matter. And since that is the case, than there is no self, no essence of any individual thing/matter. Because we all boil down to energy... Hence the concept of self is destroyed. How do we separate ourselves from the next person if we are all made of energy, all the same?

When there is no self, there is no ego, no arrogance!
So practically, we need to view all other beings as the same, and not judge or expect differently. And ultimately, to develop compassion. Because our love now is conditional, given solely to those around us, to those that are "connected" to us. But when we can realise that the same nature is in all of us, our love can be transformed into unconditional love, given to all, and that is the power of the compassionate heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment