Friday, December 25, 2009

Path to enlightenment

Just to share my own path, which does seem to me as if it could be generic. [Not that I am anywhere near enlightenment]

My path to enlightenment...

Where and how should I start? Hm. I suppose I started from a non foundational practice, thru the chanting of Om mani padme hung and later 阿弥陀佛.

I learnt about the western pureland before I learnt about the fundamentals in Buddhism teachings. So for a long time, I was just chanting mindlessly. Not real mindlessly, but chanting with a lack of understanding and realizations. But 行 or worst in my case 形 cannot help or last for long. I thought it was "sufficient" but I was obviously wrong, and that depressed me for a while.

Luckily for me, I had e fortune to attend classes, meet spiritual teachers and have experiences that aided in my realizations. Classes here and there slowly but surely added onto my knowledge and let me see deeper into the true nature of reality.

The four noble truths are deeply ingrained in me after a tough lesson of lost. Emptiness is hovering for realizations around me. Bodhicitta is understood but yet to be fully cultivated.

The path is unwinding in front of me as I slowly take baby steps toward. I aspire to live each day in accord with my long term motivation of achieving full enlightenment for the benefits of all sentient beings. Amituofo

No comments:

Post a Comment