Thursday, April 23, 2009

Christmas lights in April

There was a strong gale last night. Heard over the radio this morning that people have been calling the hotlines.

Anyway, I saw Christmas lights last night.
Looking out from my window, I have the view of trees and other residential building around. And when the wind started its strong assault, I noticed lights blinking in the distance. And I thought to myself, how come there are christmas lights hanging on that tree now.


On closer observation, I realised that the wind was so strong, that the tree was shaking, and the christmas lights that i saw, were actually the lights from the residences, popping out from behind the tree. Flicking as the leaves and branches sway....

And I was reminded of a Zen Koan.
There was a flag flying in the wind on the flag pole.
So was it the flag that was moving, or the wind that was moving....

It was a lovely view. Flickering lights in April, on a windy and lovely night

No comments:

Post a Comment