Monday, April 27, 2009

Good lesson on Attachment

I have always wondered....why is it that i typically have no stand on most things/issues. I do have strong opinions on some, but I rarely rise up to the occassion to take a stand. And whenever asked "What do you think?", I will be tongue-tied or have nothing in my brain to contribute.

Is my mind not working at all? Or are there other reasons behind it?

It has come to my notice that the lack of attachment might be the driving force behind all that. Generally speaking, I am not attached to alot of things/issues. It doesnt really bother me what happens, or who wins the election, etc. Why should I care? Or worst, be attached to the outcome!

Coming from the Buddhism point of view, this is good (I suppose). It's not that I really dont care. It's more of the outcome is not important to me, hence I dont place any emphasis on them. Which is good, because than I wont be affected by all the on-goings, the negativities, the fights, etc. My emotions will not be controlled by the happenings. I will still be at peace with myself.

I have just been given one of the best lessons in my life! Amituofo



No comments:

Post a Comment