Saturday, September 5, 2009

But he is not my husband

Humans have a very warped way of thinking at times.

Yen was trying to justify his obessession with Futera (an online soccer game) by commenting that at least he doesnt spend all his time like other guys on the computer or at Lan shops playing those mulitple player games (or whatever those were).

And I shot back at him: "but they are not my husband"
That did effectively shut him up, but we had a good laugh at it still.

On reflection, it really all boiled down to the need for control. But why do I feel the need to control? That is a really interesting question. It truly would not have bothered me if it was some other guyfriend who was playing futera all the time. I mean, it is their life, and they can choose to live it in any way they wish. So why do I impose something else on my husband?

Maybe it is about power. The need to be able to exercise power and control over your other half.
And that is a very sad thing, because you married (or are with) that person because you love him the way he is, and yet you do not show the trust and respect that you should be giving the one you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment