Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Respect the Introverts!!!!

Just re-read an article from long time ago, about introverts.
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200303/rauch

Very interesting and insightful article.

As a self proclaimed introvert, it truly resonates with me, and it articulated all that i want to say and share about being an introvert!

Just because i do not like to talk, or interact socially, doesnt mean that i am aloof or anything. I do care, but just do not see the need to broadcast that concern to the whole world at large.

In general, i do agree that introverts are widely and easily misunderstood. And there are numerous reasons for it, the most obvious being the fact that we hear and see extroverts so much more, and take that to be the norm (coz they do overshadow introverts to a huge extent), and of course extroverts have evaluated introverts based on their own yardstick. To take it even further, I suppose introverts are being oppressed to some degree.

I do listen. I just hate to talk. And pls dont bother me with your mindless questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment