Thursday, September 10, 2009

My life is passing me by

It does sound as if I am very very old. But who is to say that the young cannot feel the same way.

Despair is truly a very fearful emotion/state of mind, for it can keep you inert for the longest time, fearful of action, of failure, of the whole world giving up on you, when it is yourself that has given up.

There are times in my life when despair has/had a strong grip over me. The feeling of wanting to give up, that nothing would ever work, that I would be suffering forever. I know there are remedies, but I would fail to get up to apply them.

It is amazing really, a single (or few) thoughts can totally cripple one’s life.

Teachers can teach about reframing, about a positive attitude, positive thoughts, etc. But they cant help you apply it in your life. You would need to do it yourself!

Your life is only passing you by if you do not stand up to it, to make it fulfilling, if you do not live in the moment, and be grateful of all that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment