Thursday, September 3, 2009

Your loss or mine?

I shared about HHDL's teaching tour with a friend, and he said that he aint free to attend.
And I replied: "That's your loss"

He came back with a POWER reply, which gave me food for thought.
It can't be a loss if I dun place a value on that item (It apparently came from Lao-Tzu)

Well, that is so so true. I gave value to the teachings, and hence thought it would be other people's loss. But if the other person firstly doesnt attribute any importance or value to it, than they wont view it as a loss.

Secondly, why did i impose my choices and values on them. It will obviously not be the same. And i judged them using my own standards. [Which definitely is a wrong action] It wasnt anybodies' loss. But it was a good lesson for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment