Sunday, November 22, 2009

I could only say Thank You

I had sort of an interesting experience the other day at JB's Fo Guang Shan. Have been going down for their group practice on sat nights, in order to do some prayer on each week's 7th day for my mother-in-law (who had passed on).

After the practice has ended, I stayed back, in order to do some prayer and dedication on my own. Typically I would have sort of thought of what to say, etc. If not, something would come to mind. Afterall, there is always plenty to ask for or seek guidance on.

So.......there I was, palms together, standing in front of the Buddha statues.
And the first and only thought that came to my mind was. Thank You!
I was speechless and "thoughtless" besides that.

And I am very happy and grateful for that moment.
For it made/let me see that the only important thing in life, is to be grateful, and that i already have all that i need.
That the feelings of gratitude can transcend all thoughts and emotions, the need for action and reaction.

I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU!
For everything in my life, all the teachers that I have met, all the friends that have been by my side...and for everything else. thank you. Amituofo.

No comments:

Post a Comment