Thursday, November 5, 2009

My favourite retreat centre

Do you have a retreat centre that you go to all the time?
Or maybe you favour a certain buddhist centre because of the familiarity or the people, etc.

Ask me ask me.
This tot isnt original, but my favourite retreat centre is Amitabha Buddha's Pureland.
Not that I have been there before, but the stories that I have heard all proclaim its glory and majesty.
And I firmly believe that I can really practice there...

Some time back, I have always viewed Pureland as my "home". The place where I truly belong, coz it doesnt feel quite right here, nor am i happy here.

But a Venerable recently shared that we should view Pureland as a Retreat Centre. Which is rightfully so, because afterall, it is still within Samsara. Just that it is a more conducive place for us to practice.

so my next retreat destination will be Pureland. And I will remain in retreat until I have attain some realisations and am ready to benefit sentient beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment