Friday, February 5, 2010

南無阿彌陀佛

I had an earlier entry on 阿彌陀佛. So this is same same but different.

In some sense, it is a reminder to self of the joy of chanting the Buddha's name. I am listening to a musical chant of Namo Amituofo now. And truly, it brings me great joy to simply listen. The music is lovely, but it is really the energy behind the chant that rejuvenates me.

The name/chant seems to vibrate thruout my whole being, giving me a sense of lightness and of joy. It brings a smile onto my face, cheering me up.

And it also touches me on different levels and issues at different times.

Somehow, I can feel the compassion and wisdom of Amitabha Buddha within those 6 words. 南無阿彌陀佛
And it brings me to tears and to shame. Coz I have depended so much on him, but have given so little in return.

My means of returning the favour: 南無阿彌陀佛

No comments:

Post a Comment