Friday, February 12, 2010

I am in debt

A massive amount of debt
And I am not referring to the mortage on my home....

According to this lifetime's timeline, I am indebted to
1) My parents for giving me this precious life
2) My spouse for providing me with the conditions to practice/pursuit my cultivation
3) Triple Gems for guiding and protecting me.
4) Amitabha Buddha for his merits and his Western Pureland

Yet in terms of the size of the debt, the "ranking" changes.
It's a tie between 3) and 4) as the largest "debtor".

My debt isnt a negative one. I just wanted to highlight my gratitude to all those people/beings/conditions. And as those debts are seemingly unpayable (ie I do not quite know how to repay them), I feel indebted. And yet very grateful and appreciative of the conditions that I have encountered in my life.

I have so much, but yet I do not (know how) to return the favour. Or more rightly, I know what needs to be done, but do not have the ability or the courage to do so. And the debt will continue to build up.

How does one get out of this debts???

I suppose the best way is to focus on our practice, to cultivate the perfections and to propagate the Dharma, so as to benefit others, as we have been benefitted.

May all beings be well, happy and safe. May they be free from suffering. May they be liberated from the ocean of cyclic existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment