Thursday, February 25, 2010

The heartbeat of 阿弥驼佛

Have you heard about the practice of ten sets of simple recitation of 阿弥驼佛?
Basically you recite 阿弥驼佛 ten times (each set) during ten periods of the day. It is just a simple and quick method for us to be mindful of 阿弥驼佛.

So I was reciting this morning when I woke up, and somehow, (maybe coz I was still groggy), I was feeling my heartbeat when I was reciting.

And that brought me loads of joy, because I (sort of) realised that our hearts should beat to the "drum" of 阿弥驼佛. That each heartbeat, should be that of 阿弥驼佛, that in every single heartbeat, the ultimate goal of Buddhahood is and can be achieved. (In my case, my aspiration of rebirth in Pureland).

Our hearts should beat with, and for 阿弥驼佛, for liberation, for enlightenment, for compassion.
What does your heart beat to?

No comments:

Post a Comment