Sunday, February 7, 2010

Supper anyone?

After the experience of the 8 precepts, I sometimes find myself more mindful in certain areas of my life.

Especially when it comes to food. Tho I am a vegetarian, taste still matters, and so does variety. It is also hard to find proper vegetarian food under some working circumstances.

But increasingly, I find myself reflecting on my food.
I would think about what I want for dinner....Than the thought that I should not waste my energy thinking about food would pop up. And truly, the process of thinking about what to eat for dinner, whether I should have supper, does take up energy and even time, and affects your mindfulness.

Food is simply for the sustanence of this body so that we may practice. Yes, we still need to take good care of our body, but we could reduce the wastage of time and energy on useless pursuits of food and its taste/variety, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment