Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Flying G once again - CTS 25

One year after my graduation from university, I went to America for a summer job. As a summer camp counsellor in a Girls' Scout camp in the wilderness of Colorado.

Flying G was situated within the Pike National Forest, with slightly high altitude. So obviously the weather was chilly and cool most of the time.

I have always been afraid of the cold, and it was surprising cold on the mountain, even though it was summer. There was even hail once or twice.

But of course, one gets used to the weather. (Still cold, but survivable). Gets used to the cold water or cold outdoor showers, etc. I was pretty much bundled up most of the time, even during the day when the sun is out.

Anyway, the point of this. When I reached CTS, and was faced with the chilly weather, straight away I was reminded of Flying G. I loved and miss Flying G. The beauty, the nature, the fresh air, everything. And because of the "training" from Flying G, I could "adapt" to the weather faster. Of course I was still freezing, but honestly, no one ever dies from cold when you are in civillisation and surrounded with people.

Than my fanciful mind came in, and suggested that I went to Flying G for a reason (at least one of the reasons). To build up my cold tolerence so that I can survive in the 佛七。

Whether that is or not the truth, isnt important. Cause and effect always come into play.
I am just grateful for the weather and time in Flying G, that allowed me to feel at home in CTS' cold climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment