Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hair for Hope 2009

I have always wanted to become part of Hair for Hope.
And I tot that my chance came this year, because the timing was right as I wasnt working and neednt worry about facing clients without my hair.

But for some reasons, I kept delaying my registration. Until it was way too late and I couldnt join anymore.

Reasons for delay:
1. I was procrastinating
2. I wanted "permission" from my husband
3. There was a wedding to attend in July

Of course than i reflected...

i wasnt ready for this activity. my intention was totally wrong!!!
ya i wanted to raise funds for the children, but at the back of my heart, i was more concerned about how people will view me without my hair. not from the appearance angle, but more of they will think that i have sacrified my hair because i am a "good" person. the "recognition" was more important that the fundraising itself.

i am still with my hair, but another lesson learnt.

1 comment:

  1. I had the dilemma too, then I reflected and my conclusion is we dun have to play by other people's rules to raise money for the kids if the intention is simply to raise funds. There are many other ways to do so.
    tian

    ReplyDelete