Monday, July 27, 2009

I dont like to talk

Is that true? At least I think so, to a certain extent. I do not quite believe in the random talk about the weather and happenings in the world. I am so quiet to the extent that I do not try to make newcomers welcomed.

Attended a retreat few days ago. And we had to observe noble silence during the retreat. Honestly, it wasnt that hard for me. Especially since my friend was strict in observing silence, and yen wasnt in town to talk to me when I get home.

But the important fact was that i can see the difference when the "ban" is over. Once it was over, it was seemingly as if the "floodgates" were opened.
The silence had made me mindful of my speech, and I realised that i still do have the tendency to talk without thinking.

I need to be more mindful!

No comments:

Post a Comment