Thursday, July 16, 2009

Overtime once again

Not sure how many of you remembered the Japanese drama serial "Overtime", which was aired in 1999(?)....
I got the VCD recently and watched it all over again.

It's about love/relationships and friendship. 3 good galfrens and the happenings around them when they are near 30.
I have thought that it was a very good show, and even now, 10 years down the road, my feelings are the same.

I was quite upset but touched when the male lead gave up the girl he likes, in order that she may find happiness with someone else. (I was obviously rooting for him)

But it was a very very good lesson for me. The same old saying that if you love the person, you should let him/her go.
And it is very true, because if you truly cared about the person, his/her welfare and happiness is more important than your own.

Love is actually a very conditioned thing. While you might love the other person, a lot of it is conditional, meaning you only love him/her for certain reasons, and/or because you expect some things from the other.

If your love is truly unconditional, than that love can be given to the whole world, to all the sick and dirty, poor and hungry. But that is not the case, is it?

1 comment:

  1. Yes I remember Overtime! But not the story, just who were the main leads..and the whole of that very catchy+nice theme song "Sono speedo de"!X) Now it's our turn at their stage of life..how time flies..guess I'll understand their lessons better and even have a good laugh at myself. Dun mind watching it again but not now, maybe in the nx hols.

    ReplyDelete