Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just do it!

If I may say, Nike was not the first one to come up with the Just do it tagline.
Recently went to the Da Vinci exhibition, and I took away some quotes

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do"
Leonard Da Vinci

This can be applied to almost all of us, in every other situation.
How often it is that we procrastinate, due to ignorance, or fear, or laziness.

We think that it is enough just to know, and that with knowledge, we will be invincible. The truth is, without practice, you will never really learn, nor get anywhere. It is just like learning to cycle from a book. The book can teach u techniques, but it will not offer you the balancing practical.

There are a thousand and one things that we should just get down to DOING!
And the most impt one of all, is practising the Dharma. The urgency is even greater, for we may die anytime. Yet humans fail to realise or internalise that.

Just do it. Before it is really too late.

1 comment:

  1. Hello this is slightly freaky cz I was just telling you on MSN about my new resolution of just going to do the things I want to do, rather than procrastinating, and after I signed out and came to read your blog, I find that you've actually blogged about the exact same thing last week! I think we do think about the same things sometimes lols, even if we don't communicate it to each other, like our similar feelings about Overtime back when we were in JC that I've recently discovered to be the same! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete