Sunday, August 23, 2009

My pop star chase

His Holiness Dalai Lama is conducting a teaching tour in Dharamsala in Oct.

When I got news of it, I was practically jumping up and down, going "I want to go" and I was so ( still am) excited.I shared the news with a few friends and I assume they all could feel e excitement and enthusiasm that I had for e trip.

More than one had comment that I was chasing a pop idol. Well, in some ways I am. But the level of respect and love that I have for HHDL far exceeds that for any pop star. The lessons and teachings that I can gain from that one humble man far exceeds everything that I can learn in school or from my friends. He embodies the picture ( at least to me) of complete and perfect compassion , which is what I m striving for. But I do agree and know that I need to adjust my motivations if I m to be able to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment