Saturday, August 22, 2009

With eyes of compassion

Do you think I m a compassionate person? People around me might think so, but I would beg to differ.

I know myself best and I dare say that I m selfish and not as compassionate as my behavior would suggest.I will return to e topic of me later.

I had His Holiness Dalai Lama in mind when I started this entry. It is said and known that HHDL has eyes of compassion. That compassion radiates from his very being.That you can experience his compassion simply by being in his presence.

Sometimes I wonder, how much (if it can ever be quantified) compassion does he have, to be able to radiate out so. I can only imagine that his compassion is limitless! We pale significantly in comparison. Our tiny bit of compassion (like buying tissue from e elderly) is insignificant to that of HHDL, yet we think that we have done a good deed. I do not dare say that I am compassionate, because I still have selfish motives behind my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment