Thursday, June 17, 2010

如何降伏其心

A line from the Diamond sutra. Venerable was explaining it in the last chanting session. And it stayed with me.
I was thinking (hopefully contemplating) on how to do that, to 降伏其心.

I didn't have an answer until I seeked the answer from another Venerable yesterday.
And he told me that there are many methods to do so, and it is (obvouisly) dependent on the individual.

One can subdue the mind using concentration, using chanting, using meditation, using visualisation.
Whatever works best to tame and quiet down your mind. Something that we fall back on automatically, unconsciously, whenever we seek answers.

I have been trying to train my mind, to react with Amituofo in ALL instances.
And as time pass, I have been able to unconsciously recite the Buddha's name, to bring my mind back to the present whenever it starts to wander. Not foolproof nor perfect, but it is a good start.

May you find and develop your own method to 降伏其心.
It will be something that requires your 100% effort, your commitment and your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment