Friday, June 18, 2010

Repentence for self and others

Did the 88 Buddha Repentence prayer some days back.
Good experience. But it (as always) could have been better.
We sort of started in a rush, and as such, I didnt manage to properly set my motivations, to seek repentence on behalf of all sentient beings.

And my Mandarin was so lousy, that I failed to read half of the Buddha's name. Amituofo (I am sorry). And because of that, I lost concentration a few times.

But from the simple explanation that Venerable gave before the start, I learnt a lot more.
1. We repent for our past misdeeds. But beyond that, we can also plant the good/right seed, of not wanting to make more mistakes in the future.
2. We can repent on behalf of our family, friends and sentient beings. May the seeds of repentence be planted in them.
3. We can also take the chance to plant the seeds of bodhicitta, to make the aspiration of full enlightenment of the benefit of all sentient beings.

May we all repent and be mindful and not commit the same wrong again.
Amituofo

No comments:

Post a Comment