Monday, June 14, 2010

I believe in god(God)

I studied in a Methodist school, and attended kindergarten in a church, so in some ways, I am partially familiar with Christianity.

I have always believed in the existence of the Christian god. Years ago, when friends ask about my religion, (if they were Christians). I would say I believe in Christ. I do not attend cell groups, bible class, but I believe that there is that god of theirs.
But Christian friends who encouraged me to attend their cell groups, could not address my questions, nor deal with my fears and concerns. It wasn't only the fact that suffering could not be answered.

It was a self expectation issue. I felt that I could not live up to the image/expectation of a Christian, and for that, I
stepped away. There was a huge burden of disappointment, that I wasn't living the proper Christian life. And also, that life is still prevalently unfair!

There are still poor and unhealthy people who believes in Christ, but their circumstances does not improve.
I looked at all the suffering in the world, and I cry to god "why is that the case?"
But there was never an answer.

Those were depressing parts of my life, and there never was a satisfactory answer.

After learning Buddhism, I realised more, but I still do agree and believe in the existence of the Christian god.
If "he" exists, he exists. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment