Thursday, June 24, 2010

Superwomen by AWARE

AWARE had a fundraiser, which was a concert titled "Superwomen".
I attended, and did some practice during the concert.

While the artistes were singing or dancing away, a part of my mind was enjoying the concert, the other part was chanting Amituofo. I was trying to control the highs from the concert. To bring my mind into a quiet peaceful state, to be less affected from the energy and the high of all others.

I do not need to enjoy, nor do I gain anything from those false highs, which fade away from the sunrise. It is empty!
But from the mindfulness perspective, i could have been enjoying those moments. (which I did, for some parts).

It is still an issue of balancing. Of enjoyment, but not attachment. Of joy and yet inner peace.

Man or woman, we still exist, and still are. Just be, and live in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps, we could sometimes allow ourselves unbrided highs and lows for the moment, enough for u to deeply understand how that feels, and then mindfully retract back into balance?
    Some issues I have been going through too lately... mil

    ReplyDelete