Saturday, March 13, 2010

Buddhist fellowship

Not the organisation, but fellowship between buddhists.

I suppose it is important to have fellow Buddhist around one, to provide the support and guidance in one's life, with the focus on the dharma. I consider myself a relatively young Buddhist, so my dharma knowledge is minimum.

As such, I realise and find it difficult to provide the right kind of support to my friends (not that I do not try, of course). When one is still trying to find the balance and walk the middle path, one does not (seemingly) have the means or skills to support another.

And for that, I am sad(?). I would love to share more but I fear that I lack the wisdom and would misguide others. And I lament at that fact. In any case, fellowship is still necessary and essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment