Friday, March 19, 2010

I don't care!

Heard that statement from one of the flats as I was walking to the bus-stop.

It didnt quite stop me in my tracks, but it came close enough.


How often I used that statement myself. I suppose I have reduced it over the years, but even if it wasnt verbalised, the action and thought running thru my head is going "I don't care!"


'I dont care' now seems to me to be the true reflection of a self-cherishing attitude.

By going 'I dont care', u make yourself the centre of the universe, and that only you matter. That what you want is the most important and most right.


However, right can easily be wrong when you stand in the other person's shoes. So how can you forever be right?

But that's not the point. The key point here, is that we should reduce our self cherishing attitude. From a lay perspective, everyone else has the right to live, to their comments and actions. So instead of going I dont care, we should be more compassionate and willing to share their differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment