Friday, March 5, 2010

Christopher Pike and emptiness

I am not sure if I got the author right, but I think so.
I used to read fiction by Christopher Pike (a bit of horror is involved) when I was a teenager.

And there was one book about cyborgs, where a scientist committed suicide because he drilled into particles and found nothing (emptiness). [This ties in with the nanotech and particles and energy sort of stuff in quantum physics these days]

Anyway, as a teenager, I was intrigued(?) by the scientist's suicide note "There is nothing".
And I thought it to be so true. That there must be "nothing". This statement has stayed with me.

So learning about emptiness was a joy. It sort of validated what I had always believed in.
Only better, I saw it from the correct perspective, that while it is empty and we shouldnt be attached, we should strive on the middle path, and NOT take the extreme way out like the scientist. Or over indulge since "it all doesnt matter as it is empty anyway".

Thank you christopher pike, for my entry into the world of emptiness

No comments:

Post a Comment