Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How has Buddhism influenced my life

A very cliche title but I still want to share thus.

Met up with an old college friend for dinner. And somewhere during the conversation, he shared that he could see the changes in me, due to the Buddha Dharma. Which led to this entry.


Hm, i sense a long story coming along.

Anyway, changes in a person is not best shared by the person in question, coz the views might be biased. But I suppose I could still share what I think....

To be honest with myself, the changes are minimal on the surface level.
Most who know me would already think that I am a kind person. But the attitude behind it has shifted from plain kindness, to one focused on compassion. I might not be able to achieve the Bodhisattva spirit yet, but the concept of compassion and wisdom is stronger in me than before.

And while I am still deluded by illusions, the mind is slowly learning to train itself, to watch itself. It might not catch the delusion in time, but at least it is slightly more mindful than before. And mindfulness, is the best attitude and technique anyone can ever have.

Of course the path to enlightenment is very very long, but at least the first baby steps are already being taken.

And at least I have some thing to fall back on in times of fear and worry.
Praise to the Triple Gems for being my refuge and foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment