Monday, January 18, 2010

法喜冲天 - CTS 12

This should be one of the later entries, but I have better note it down before I forget.

One of the major benefits of the retreat, is the resulting peacefulness and joy in your heart. In Buddhism, we term it as 法喜, but I am not sure how to portray it in English.

Personally, it is the sense of rightness, of joy, of tranquility, or sureness, of happiness, of certainty, that results.
It is a kind of joy that lasts, that you can bring with you, that would not fade (at least no so fast).
It brings you so much peace, that you are living in the moment, and with a sense of clarity towards life.

We left the retreat with that kind of 法喜 in our hearts. And while we fear it will fade over time due to the stimulation from samsara, we are contented to have it while it lasts.

But I obtained a "deep" level of 法喜, for I left with a very clear aspiration and direction. The retreat has taught and given me the instructions that I need to continue my life, even in samsara. And the joy upon such breakthrough is hard to explain in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment