Saturday, January 9, 2010

阿弥驼佛 - CTS 3

阿弥驼佛
It was a 佛七, so mindfulness of 阿弥驼佛 was the key practice.

I have learnt so much about this 4 (or 6) characters during the seven days.

I used to do my own recitation practice (tho I am not regular about it), and I do know that I am not doing it fully right.
But it was after the retreat, the experience and the teachings of the Venerables, that I realised that I was doing it more wrong than I thought.

There is so much more to these four characters. Yes, it can lead us to Pureland, but the significance, and benefits behind it, the method with which we employ it; I gained so much.

I try to recite or stay mindful of his name in my moment to moment living. But even so, I find that I am still not mindful enough. That the chant/name recitation is just a "lip-service". (This term has never been more true.) You say it with your mouth/voice, the name might be in your mind/head, but does it come from your heart?

Does it burst out from your heart because you realise the significance, the beauty, the merits and "power" behind it?
Do you chant it truly believing that 阿弥驼佛 can bring you to Pureland based on his merits?
Are you reminded of his vows, of his compassion and wisdom, and of his eons of cultivation that brought us this lovely place for cultivation?
Is your aspiration to be reborn in Pureland so strong that each 阿弥驼佛 can bring you peace and stability? That you truly know that is where you "belong"?
Is each 阿弥驼佛 the driving force for you to concentrate, to take the next step towards Buddhahood?

阿弥驼佛 These four characters are so so important to me.
It now represents the one and only method that I can utilise to gain rebirth in the Western Pureland.
That whenever I chant it, I remind myself of my aspiration, of the compassion and perserverance of 阿弥驼佛, that he is the bridge for me to gain liberation, that I am so thankful for his compassion and vows. And I feel so ashame that I can do no more than recite his name.

阿弥驼佛

No comments:

Post a Comment