Friday, January 15, 2010

Looking down at Samsara - CTS 9

It is not exactly right to have the title as such, but that was really how I felt at Cheng Tian Si.

The temple is to the south of Taipei City, and is situated on a hill top. As such, when night falls, and the surrounding is dark, the contrast with lights from the City centre is very striking.

Very often, during my break time, I would want to stand along the corridor, and look out, at all the lights down below. And some how, it gives me the feeling that where the lights are, is samsara.

The bright and gay world where beings only want their own happiness. Where light is not used to illuminate the delusions and illusions of our existence, but to further reinforce the reality which we humans have perpetuated.

And at that moment, I thank all and the universe that I have the chance to practice, that I made it to Cheng Tian Si. That I was shown the contrast. That I would develop the drive to cultivate and liberate myself from cyclic existence.

I am still in samsara. But at least I was shown (even if it's for a single moment), the illusion that our life is fabulous and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment