Friday, January 8, 2010

I didn't see myself in e mirror - CTS 2

And I still haven't realized what I saw

There were no mirrors in e toilets. Only two small round ones were hung near where e hair dryers are kept.

After a week long of going without e mirror, it felt odd to look at myself in e mirror. It is as if I have become a stranger to myself. And yet that might essentially be e truth.

We think we know or understand ourselves, but do we really?

Science can yet fully explain all phenomenon, so what gives us e right to assume that just because I m I, that I am in control?

Back to e mirror. I passed a window pane near e end of e retreat, and had to pause, coz I saw myself. But it was a shocking pause, coz there I was, looking at what I thought was myself but I couldn't recognize me. It's kind of hard to put it in words coz loads of tots were flashing by

I saw me but I didn't see me
Was I looking or seeing
What are e components that make up me, if I could be so derailed
Or was e silence of e mind so revealing that it stripped my fake sense of identity away?

My experience does tie in nicely with e emptiness concept that I am trying to realise. So hopefully, that was a realizations of sort.

If I didn't see myself, what did I see?

Life without mirrors is also a bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment