Saturday, January 16, 2010

My least favourite chore - CTS 10

What is your least favourite chore? As a general rule, I dont like to wash dishes (who really does), but it is not something that I hate to do. It's just that I am very picky on how to wash it, etc.

Anyway, there is a session after breakfast for our daily chores. We are all assigned to help out with some temple chores. And no surprises, mine was to wash dishes. And everyday while I was washing, if I am not mindful enough, I would think to myself, that this is karma at work. For I have escaped so many years of dish washing, now it is finally my turn to pay it back.

It is no simple feat to wash the dishes. Coz we are washing for abt 200 (?). Of course there is a big group of us, with some sort of system, but it is still challenging. (I wanted to say exhausting, but that is not really right)

I have tried to wiggle out of dish washing all the time, either ignoring, or dragging my feet so that I wont have to wash them. And in this single trip, I think I have washed all the dishes that I have used in the past. Pots and pans as well.

If this is not cause and effect, I dont know what is.
There is no such thing as a free lunch. There will always be conditions attached.
In which case, we should forever and always be mindful of our body, speech and mind.
So that we do not plant negative seeds and have to endure through its ripening.

Washing dishes is a small issue. I fear to contemplate what other negative results I would get due to my past actions.
Be mindful always.

Amituofo

No comments:

Post a Comment